Depart from Chiang Mai and drive to the Northernmost province of Thailand, Chiang Rai along the nice scenic road (186 kms), and Visit a hot spring, Doi Tung Royal Garden, Karen Longneck Hill tribe, Big-eared Village and Akha hill tribe village, Visit Mae Sai Thai/Burma border town and Stay overnight in Chiang Rai for 1 night. On day 2 we will visit the Golden Triangle-meeting point of Thailand, Laos and Myanmar, Take a long tail boat along Mae Khong River to visit Laos blanks. Then see the incredible ‘White Temple’ in Chiang Rai (Wat Rong Koon), Visit Baan Dam (Black House) and then driving back to Chiang Mai
Highlights & Features
- Wat Rong Khun is absolutely amazing – so many details to study. Most beautiful temples built in this century.
- Baan Dam (Black House) in Chiang Rai. This is the house of National artist Thawan Duchanee and is a huge teak hall and several other teak buildings filled with art, the Black House just exploring this incredibly aesthetically beautiful place that has so many pieces of old and new that is so intriguing. This is a house about death and dark it is in complete contrast to the white temp
- The Golden Triangle-meeting point of Thailand, Laos and Myanmar.
- Mae sai-the border town with Myanmar
- Licensed English speaking tour guide
- Air Con Mini Bus/car (Depend on group size)
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Admission fee for all mentioned visits
- Lunch 2 days
- Optional or Other services than mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Hotel in Chiang rai
Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai
- Pick up from your hotel at 07.30 am.
- Visit Mae Kha Chan Hot spring
- Visit Doi Tung, The botanical gardens known collectively as The Mae Fah Luang Garden.
- Visit Karen Longneck Hill tribe, Big-eared Village and Akha hill tribe village
- Have Lunch on the way
- Visit Mae Sai Thai/Burma border town
- We will take you to your hotel in Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai
- Visit Golden Triangle, the land of three countries meet (Thailand, Myanmar &Laos)
- Optional: Take a long tail boat along Mae Khong River to visit Laos blanks (Please prepare original passport)
- Visit the opium museum
- Have Lunch on the way
- One the way visit White Temple. Wat Rong Khun is unique from other temples as it is white in color. Combine the white with glass mosaics and this Temple sparkles! The construction of the White Temple is Khun Chalemchai’s master work, which he refers to as an offering to Lord Buddha and his beloved country.
- Visit The Black House and it is in many respects the perfect opposite of the White Temple
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai