Historically, the mountain of Doi Inthanon was refered to as Doi Angka. Prince Intharawichayanon, the last ruler of Chiang Mai, realized the importance of the country’s forests, especially in the north, where the forest serve as the watershed for the country.
The park is ruggedly mountainous and Doi Inthanon, is the highest peak which stands at 2,565 meters above the sea level.
Highlights & Features
Visit the highest mountain in Thailand. On the way up we will visit the modern chedis which are decorated with interesting tiled murals. Phra Mahathat Nophamethanidol and Phra Mahathat Nophol Bhumisiri, pagodas built by the Royal Air Force for HM the King in his 5th Anniversary in B.E.2530 (A.D.1987). Then visit the Royal Project Research Station.
Next visit a Karen hill tribe village and then Wachiratharn, the 80 meter-high waterfall of Mae Klang River. The charms of this particular water
- Licensed English speaking tour guide
- Private transport by air con minibus/car
- National Park entrance fee
- All listed activities
- All entrance fees
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Pick up from your hotel in Chiang Mai at 8:30am
- Visit Wat Prathat Sri Chom Thong
- Visit the highest mountain in Thailand
- Visit Two beautiful pagodas Phra Mahathat Nophamethanidol and Phra Mahathat Nophol Bhumisiri, pagodas was built by the Royal Air Force to honor the 60th birthday of the King in 1987 at the highest peaks in Thailand at 8,000 feet above the sea level surrounded by Rhododendron.
- Visit the Royal Project Research Station.
- Have lunch on the way
- Visit a Karen hill tribe village
- Next visit Wachiratharn Waterfall
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
What you can expect ?
Doi Inthanon is one of my most favorite National Park in Chiang Mai as here you can visit and see many surrounding tourist attractions like waterfalls and Royal Projects… This place is highly recommended for nature lovers and some people who love to stay away from the city.. But the tourists have to check the weather carefully as it will be rain all day during May – October and it can be cold during November till February..