(Half day Program)
The Elephant Retirement Park offers a rare opportunity to spend a half day with these majestic animals. You will witness their behavior in their natural habitat a long with having an up close and personal experience.
Highlights & Features
- The Elephant Retirement Park has been established to create a haven for retired elephants. Formally working in building yards, it is now illegal to use elephants for labor. This has drastically altered their function in Thai society.
- At the Elephant Retirement Park, we are proud of our strict policy on the treatment of our elephants. There is no riding or beating of any kind.
What is included:
Transportation, mahout training course, experienced guide (speaks English), lunch, Drinking water, photography, Insurance, Bananas and sugar cane for elephants.
What’s to bring : Swimming suite, Towel, Sun cream, Insect repellence, Changing cloths, Walking shoes, Sandals
- 07.00 – 07.30 am. We will pick you up from hotel or guesthouse
- 08:30 am. Introduction – when we arrive at the park we will give you information about the Elephant Retirement Park and activities.
- 09.00 am. Meet and greet the elephants, feed the elephants and enjoy taking photos and being in there company
- Observe how we treat and apply herbal medicine to our sick elephant
- Enjoy watching and taking photos of the elephants
- Enjoying mud spa and shower
- Observe how we treat and apply herbal medicine to our sick elephants
- 13.00 pm. Arrive back in Chiang Mai city to your hotle