(Half day Program)
The Elephant Retirement Park offers a rare opportunity to spend a half day with these majestic animals. You will witness their behavior in their natural habitat a long with having an up close and personal experience.
Highlights & Features
- The Elephant Retirement Park has been established to create a haven for retired elephants. Formally working in building yards, it is now illegal to use elephants for labor. This has drastically altered their function in Thai society.
- At the Elephant Retirement Park, we are proud of our strict policy on the treatment of our elephants. There is no riding or beating of any kind.
Transportation, mahout training course, experienced guide (speaks English), lunch, Drinking water, photography, Insurance, Bananas and sugar cane for elephants.
What’s to bring : Swimming suite, Towel, Sun cream, Insect repellence, Changing cloths, Walking shoes, Sandals
- 07.00 – 07.30 am. We will pick you up from hotel or guesthouse
- 08:30 am. Introduction – when we arrive at the park we will give you information about the Elephant Retirement Park and activities.
- 09.00 am. Meet and greet the elephants, feed the elephants and enjoy taking photos and being in there company
- Observe how we treat and apply herbal medicine to our sick elephant
- Enjoy watching and taking photos of the elephants
- Enjoying mud spa and shower
- Observe how we treat and apply herbal medicine to our sick elephants
- 13.00 pm. Arrive back in Chiang Mai city to your hotle