The Thai Farm Cooking School has been established in the year 2000 and is owned by Sawat and his Belgian wife Nathalie. Learn to cook Thai food at organic farm pick fresh ingredients and cook healthy food everyday. Recommended by Lonely planet.
A Farm of 1,000 Trees, when you partake in a cooking course at the Thai Farm Cooking School, you will become part of the magical world of 1,000 trees. Not only will you learn the basics of organic cooking, but you will definitely see how a Thai family with many years of experience and resourcefulness created a self-sufficient and independent farm. We know that your time with us will go well beyond a kitchen setting. It’s a truly unique experience raised on a labor of love and much hard work.
We offer one, two or three day courses. For each course we will pick you up from the hotel between 08:30 to 09:00 and you will be back in the city before 5:00pm.
If you would like to learn a dish that is not mentioned in our courses, let us know and we can teach you!
Vegetarians are welcome! The entire menu can be vegetarian style.
We also accept larger special groups, for example students or companies for who we can adjust our program.
Highlights & Features
- Visit a local market
- Walking, picking, tasting with explanation of various ingredients on the farm
- Cooking jasmine and sticky rice
- Pound and make your own curry paste
- Cook your favorite dishes by choosing from the menu
What is included:
- An individual cooking station, learn by doing!
- Instruction in English by a Thai teacher
- Six dishes prepared by day
- 1, 2 or 3 days courses, or more on request
- Recipe book
- Transport to and from the school
- Free herbal tea and drinking water
- Private individual or group courses offered on request