Wat Mung Mueng is located on Uttrakit Road, Zone 1, Wiang District, Chiang Rai. Built in 1839, the temple later obtained the royal granting in 1866.
The temple history however dated before the World War II when Chiang Rai was partially bombed by the Japanese. The markets and surrounding area of the temple was bombed and destroyed but the temple was the only safe haven from bomb. The ceremony of binding the boundary of the ordination hall was held on January 13, 1967.
- Image of Katyayana
View Wat Mung Mueng in a larger map